Sunday, May 26, 2013

Senior Farewell


The fact that I’m a Zeta alumnus is unfathomable! PC09 was officially welcomed into the alumni world at our senior dinner on April 29th, and we graduated from UT on May 18th. These are epic moments which I never thought would actually happen to me. As a baby faced, chocolate milk loving kid at heart, I never accepted the fact that I would eventually have to leave this university utopia. After living at the Zeta house the past two years, I took a grown up step by signing an apartment lease in Dallas this week, all while dragging my feet. 

The senior dinner took place on the last Monday of the school year. Everyone was overwhelmed with projects and tests, but we made the event a priority. Our pledge class has always been particularly close, so this was a special occasion we looked forward to celebrating. We had a delicious entrée per usual, followed by a scrumptious dessert. Next, the last few senior grams were read. These letters are written by the parents of seniors as their final sendoff. I had the pleasure of reading Emma Weiss’s letter. She has been one of my best friends since the summer after freshman year, and was one of my roommates in the Zeta house this past year. Not only is she a brilliant, pre-med/business major, but she’s also one of the most caring, hilarious people you'll ever meet. I’m not much of a crier, but the thought of leaving her actually made me shed a few tears while reading her sweet letter.


Finally, the alumni led us in an oath as we committed to joining them in the alumni world. As I gazed around the room, I saw the bright beautiful faces of all the people I’m so proud to call my sisters. Women who are going to teach our future generations (Anna, Jordan, Kelli, Mallory, and Megan), our future business/technology leaders (Alex, Bailey, Bonnie, Chelsea, Gabi, Hollie, Kate, Katie, Kim, and Stacey), those who will redefine the future of medicine (Allison, Elena, Elizabeth, Emma, Heather, Jessica, Kayla, and Melissa), our future lawyers (Amanda, Ashley, Emily and Leah), our future leaders in politics (Audrey, Hilary, and Madi), and women like Anna and Erika who will eventually have their own book or TV show. I could go on forever, but blog posts are supposed to be brief from what I'm told. I am incredibly proud to enter the alumni world with these lovely ladies by my side. The memories have just begun. I have no doubt that we will all remain close friends until we’re on our rocking chairs reminiscing on how we truly did change the world….

Zeta Love Forever,
Bekah Thayer PC '09


0 comments:

Post a Comment