Thursday, August 20, 2015

Work Week at the Zeta House

As a sophomore coming into work week, I had no idea what to expect. What "work" would we be doing? Was I getting paid? Would there be food?
And to tell the truth, I was pleasantly surprised. With the help of our amazing rush team and advisors, we learned how to make the perfect door stack, sing all the awesome chants, and most importantly, how to make girls feel welcomed and loved at our house. And yes, there was definitely food. 

I was lucky enough to be a part of the dance that Zeta puts on for Philanthropy Day, and it was so cool getting to learn the dance that I once revered and watched in awe when I was going through recruitment. While we had dance practice, I got to watch our skit group practice as well, and let me tell you, they are hi-larious. Who knew that such sweet girls could truly capture the masculinity and brute of a Disney prince, or crab (shoutout to my homie Sebastian). 

Throughout the week, as you'd expect from Zeta, there were photo contests, a backyard cookout with our neighbors at Tri Delta, complete with a slip n slide, and later there was an adorable petting zoo, dance parties, and lots and lots of food (seriously boys, stop sending us Tiffs). There are no other people I would rather spend 8+ hours in a house with every day  than my fellow zetas. We now know that all of our hard work will pay off when we see the new PC '15 on our lawn on bid day. We are ready to welcome you to the Zeta House, because we really have been waiting for you ALL summer!

ZLAM,
Alex Brown
PC '14

0 comments:

Post a Comment