Monday, September 7, 2015

Another First Day Done

As the excitement of bid day slowly dwindled down, not only every student in Greek life at UT, but every student from across campus set their alarms for an early Wednesday morning – the first day of the school year. As each student made their trek across campus to their first class of the year, the excitement and memories of summer slipped away and were replaced by the anticipation of the upcoming semester. Tailgate season, Austin City Limits, Texas/OU weekend, and even just cooler weather are a few of the many things all students have on their radar for the fall semester. A clean start to a new year and new classes readily refreshed everyone’s outlooks on the days ahead.
Going on my second year at the best university in the nation, I started my semester last week with just enough experience to know what I was doing but with plenty to still discover and to look forward to. I’m comfortable enough on campus now to walk around without that scared look and awkward hesitance of a freshman, and I can even head to class without pulling up the UT building map on my iPhone (barely). But I, just as probably everyone else, will say – there’s always something new to be learned and something new to be experienced at this school. The beauty of going to such a big university with so many opportunities is just that – even when you think you’ve done it all, there is still so much more room to grow.
Between Greek life, internships, on-campus clubs, student government, and much, much more, there is constantly something going on around Austin to keep us all busy. Before we know it, the leaves will change (or at least as much as they can here in Texas) and the school year will be well on its way, faster than we can believe. I think I speak on behalf of most students at Texas when I say that the 2015-2016 school year will bring about some of our most exciting, memorable experiences yet!

Kelly Bauman
PC '14


                                            

0 comments:

Post a Comment