Monday, July 24, 2017

Why go Greek? Why go ZTA?

WHY GO ZETA?

It is difficult for me to put into words how much Texas Zeta means to me, simply because it has impacted my college experience in so many ways. When I reflect on my freshman year, I think back not only to the big sisterhood pledge class events, but also the individual memories that I have with each and every person that I have met along the way. In hopes to explain how many different reasons there are to go Texas Zeta, PC ‘16 has shared a few of their own reasons:

“I went zeta because I wanted to make friends that would be a source of joy, advice, and craziness while pushing me to be the best version of myself, encouraging me to have the best times, and sustaining true and genuine friendships” -Avery Connell





I went zeta because I felt like I could be 100 percent myself there from day one, and I didn’t have to try to be anything I’m not!” -McKenna Richards




I went zeta because I saw a group of women who cared so deeply about breast cancer, which is such a personal cause for me because my mom had it my freshman year. I also saw a group with such different personalities, who still were such a great group of friends.” -Ellen Teuscher




Keeping the legacy in my family was a huge part of why I went Zeta. My mother was first Jewish ZTA. Every time I walk in the house I am proud and thankful that she helped bring me to these people. I can always feel young Mrs. Shipper’s energetic, fun, 70’s college girl aesthetic in the ZTA house” -Molly Shipper







Because when I met the girls during recruitment
it was the most genuine connection I've ever felt.
It actually felt like the girls truly cared about me,
and I instantly knew it was where I was
meant to go.” -Caity Callan







I went into recruitment week completely clueless about the recruitment process.  I was nervous, but when I stepped through the doors of Zeta that feeling immediately went away because they made me feel comfortable enough to be myself no matter what. ” -Betsy Welborn






Remember to keep your heart and mind open this fall so that you can find a home that is as perfect for you as Zeta is for us!


ZLAM,
Betsy Welborn
PC ‘16
Recruitment Team 2017






0 comments:

Post a Comment