Monday, October 2, 2017

Big Little Reveal 2017

      After a week full of sweet gifts and tricky clues, PC17 would finally discover their big on Texas Zeta’s annual big-little reveal at the zeta house! The new pledge class was to meet at the house at 5:30 PM and participate in a ritual which involved each girl turning around and being surprised with the appearance of their new big. After the initial reveal, the bigs each took their little to a basket they made filled with goodies like t-shirts, hats, buttons, and all the zeta gear you could imagine! Then, the costume portion of the day would commence. From hippies to mermaids, and everything in between, every girl in the Zeta house had a gleaming smile on her face as she walked out on the front porch with her new big. 
      Looking around at all the creative characters and outfits, it made me realize that this day was not all about the pictures and the gifts but about so much more. Going through the week and placing gifts in the house it felt almost surreal that I was now switching places with my big and continuing on the tradition with my new little. Although I was a little nervous to take on this role, I was eager to make new memories with my little, Caroline, and get to know her even better as she started her journey in Austin at UT and with Zeta!   
      Freshmen year can be overwhelming but having someone by your side who has experienced it all is one of the biggest blessings Zeta ever gave me. My big was and continues to be one of my biggest role models; someone I can laugh with, someone I can cry with, someone I can come to for advice, and someone who always seems to understand how I’m feeling even if I struggle to put it into words. Being a mentor to my little has already been one of the most rewarding experiences I’ve gotten the opportunity to have in Zeta. Guiding and watching Caroline commence her freshmen year has gotten me so excited to show and share some of my favorite memories from last year with her. I can’t wait to continue the tradition and be able to have the same kind of relationship with my little that I have with my big and show her that although college has its ups and downs, she will always have me to lean on!

Zeta love and Hook ‘em!

Melanie Rice PC '16



1 comments:

Post a Comment