Wednesday, March 28, 2018

ROUND UP! 2018

ROUND UP!! The weekend that hundreds of students from UT, as well as from other college campuses around the country look forward to every year. Hearing “Round Up,” one might immediately picture crazy outfits, sharpie ‘tattoos’, and hundreds of college students. At least, this was my experience as a senior in high school just a year ago. I realize now that it is much more than that. From getting ready with my best friends, to standing in line for different performers throughout the weekend, my first Round Up experience definitely exceeded my expectations as I grew closer to my Zeta sisters and took an active role in supporting Zeta's philanthropy.

The week before Round Up consisted of advertising Zeta's BBQ benefiting Breast Cancer Awareness and B+, along with gathering wristbands and making plans for each day. It was an overwhelming week to say the least, but all my worries faded once Thursday night arrived. Different events such as crawfish boils and "food themed" philanthropy activities were scheduled, and UT students were anxious to start the weekend. On Friday, my sisters and I all decided to meet at Zeta in our crazy Round Up gear for the BBQ benefiting our philanthropy (yummy!). After this, it was time to let loose and stand in the first of many lines for exciting performances. The fun stopped around 2 am and picked right back up again around 1 pm the next day. The crowds felt equivalent to a music festival, and students were prepared to have a great time for a great cause. Although the music scene was great, I loved being able to get away and spend quality time with my sisters at our favorite restaurant, Pizza Press (where I ate a whole pizza by myself! Oops…). 


Dancing all day and night was exhausting, but completely worth it. As Sunday rolled around, students were prepared to return back to their normal schedules. My first Round Up experience as a Zeta was incredible, and if you haven’t experienced this weekend at UT thus far, you are missing out.

ZLAM 
-Megan Foster 


0 comments:

Post a Comment