Saturday, December 14, 2013

ZTA Holiday Party 2013

Festive table decor at the ZTA Holiday Party!

I’m usually the girl at parties who NEVER shows up in the correct theme attire. I’m not kidding; I think I showed up to three parties in the span of one semester in a toga (to a “white-out party”), risky business (to a 70’s disco) and my personal favorite Moulin Rouge (to Whataburger when our plans changed). I don’t do these things on purpose; It seems like people just think it’s funny to tell me the wrong theme! So of course when I first heard about the annual Zeta Christmas Party I knew It wouldn't be any different, and I somehow incorrectly assumed it was tacky Christmas sweater themed.
So there I was at three o’clock in the afternoon, super excited to throw my books aside to get all dolled up and tacky for the Zeta Christmas Party. My friend Lindsey down the hall said she’d pick me up at 5 for the party, and I couldn’t wait to show her my ugly reindeer sweater! She opened the door with big eyes and kind of didn’t know how to react to my childish appearance. I looked at her and asked why she wasn’t dressed up and she told me most girls are just going to wear sweats because of finals week, and more importantly,  IT IS NOT A TACKY CHRISTMAS SWEATER PARTY. There was no way I was going to make a fool of myself like I repeatedly did my fall semester of freshman year, so I quickly changed out of those clothes.
Right when I walked through the festively lit doors of the Zeta house I noticed attires of all kinds. I saw onesies, girls’ faces painted as Santa Clause, snuggies, and even tacky Christmas sweaters. I realized then that my sorority sisters could have cared less if I was wearing my reindeer sweater or even showed up as Moulin Rouge again. What really mattered is that we were together celebrating the most wonderful time of the year! These girls were not going to judge me for what I was wearing to the Zeta Holiday Party, and I’m so thankful to have made best friends like these this past semester. 


Happy Holidays and ZLAM, 
Claire Rodgers PC '13

PC '13 Claire Rodgers and Mackenzie Benton (L to R)
enjoying their meals at the ZTA Holiday Party!

0 comments:

Post a Comment