Thursday, October 1, 2015

It's All in the Family

Ever since I got my big last year, I have been waiting for the moment when I would get to be a big sister and make the perfect addition to my family. I’ve never had a big sister, so getting the perfect match for me through Zeta was one of my most exciting memories in the sorority. So on the days leading up to big little reveal, I could not have been more excited! On Friday it started; I was sitting in the Zeta house studying when I got a Facebook alert that the list of our littles was uploaded. I was so excited that I could barely stay in my chair, and when I read my little’s name I jumped for joy. It was a flurry of excitement in my pledge class when we were told our littles, but we had to keep it cool because PC 15 didn’t know yet. We had the weekend to shop for gifts for our little, then starting on Monday we would leave little clues at the house each day leading up to the reveal.
                On Monday we left them flowers, on Tuesday we left sweet treats, and on Wednesday a cute gag gift. And finally came Thursday, the day of the reveal! My pledge class arrived a little early to set up full and
beautifully decorated baskets stuffed with t-shirts and Zeta goodies galore. Once the littles arrived, they lined up in the hall and filed into the chapter room while we anxiously awaited behind closed doors. After the littles went in and had a small ritual, we filed in the room and stood behind our girls as they closed their eyes. Once the time was right, they turned around to find out who their big was, and the excitement in the air was almost palpable!
                After the big reveal, we all ran to our littles’ baskets to change into costumes for pictures. Everyone went out to the front yard to take pictures, and it was so fun to see everyone get so creative with their costumes and poses. Next, we all went to the backyard to find a carnival-like atmosphere filled with a bouncy slide, face paint, caricatures, and funnel cakes. We got to spend quality time bonding with our littles while stuffing our faces with Cane’s and simultaneously getting our faces painted. It was a great reveal filled with plenty of fun memories, and I could not be happier to have my very own little, and now my family is complete! I am so thankful that Zeta helped me to find not only my best friends, but my second family.

ZLAM!
Callie Blumenfeld PC ‘14

0 comments:

Post a Comment