Sunday, October 18, 2015

Red River Rivalry Lives On

Football season is definitely my favorite season, and I think most Longhorn fans would agree. Even though our horns haven't been their best this season, I couldn't wait to go to Dallas to watch the notorious Texas vs. OU game. OU weekend was all anyone could talk about for weeks, whether it was talking about having a date or not, where you were staying for the weekend, or just being excited for it to happen! When noon came around I couldn't wait to hop on the bus and head to my hometown.

When we arrived in Dallas everyone was tired from the long bus ride. Some people (like me) took a quick nap before heading back out for the night. I made sure to get a good night's sleep before Saturday though because I knew it would be a loooong day.

We all woke up bright and early Saturday morning to head out to the State Fair of Texas. Some people didn't go to the game and only went to the fair, but I was ready to watch some Longhorn football. That game was hands down the coolest I've ever been to because THE HORNS WON!! We were supposed to lose by 16, but instead Charlie Strong lead us to victory; it was a great day to be a Longhorn! After the game I got to hang out the fair for a bit, but we all had to go home to get ready for the night. The fraternity I went with hosted a formal Saturday night, so we all put on nice dresses and the boys were rocking tuxedos. It was so fun to see everyone dressed up! We danced the night away with a cool band and great friends. 

On Sunday morning we were all exhausted. I didn't want the weekend to end, but I also couldn't wait to get home and sleep in my own bed. I had never been so excited to see the Austin skyline when the bus finally arrived back home. It was so fun being able to spend the weekend with so many of my Zeta sisters! That weekend sure was one for the books.

ZLAM,

Megan Igoe PC '14



0 comments:

Post a Comment