Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Crowned Up at Round Up



Round Up 2016, my first, was everything I expected and more. I’ve always looked forward to this weekend, and having never experienced it before heightened my anticipation. When the collage of favors came out, I actually shrieked. Having waited years to don abnormal amounts of sorority clothing, tattoos and accessories, I couldn’t believe it was finally my turn. I remembered stalking photos of older girls, admiring the unique ways they applied their flash tats, and wondering which performers I would be anxiously waiting to see. The release of the gear was the first step in living out my dream.

Having no self-control when it came to ordering the favors, I had many options for what to wear. Trying on countless combinations of outfits with my friends consumed my weekdays prior to the event. When I finally woke up on Friday, anxiously awaiting my hamburger from Backyard Bash, I couldn’t believe it was finally here. Rain and thunder couldn’t deter the festivities, as Zeta’s, Silver Spurs and their guests enjoyed delicious cookout food and snow cones all benefitting the Neighborhood Longhorn Foundation and the Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation. The sun came out on Saturday and all day people bounced from house to house enjoying the different activities offered. It truly lived up to the hype.













Now, reflecting on the weekend and glancing down at the remnants of shiny gold tattoos and sharpied “ZLAMS” that cover my arms, I appreciate how lucky I am to be a Zeta, and to be so proud as to cover my entire body in paraphernalia of my sorority. Seeing my sorority sisters decked out all over West Campus was a highlight. Smiling and waving as we all made our ways to different concerts, crawfish boils, philanthropy events and parties was so much fun. Round Up reaffirmed my appreciation for being a UT student, Texas Zeta, and to be in college in general. Next year’s festivities cannot come soon enough! 



ZLAM,

Rachel Weisenthal PC '15

0 comments:

Post a Comment