Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sisterhood, Sunshine, and Good Times



    


     Gulf Shores was a trip that I had anticipated ever since I got into The University of Texas. When I was a junior in high school I heard so many stories about Gulf Shores from my brother who was a freshman at UT at the time. His freshman year spring break sounded like one for the books, and I couldn’t wait to experience it myself. A group of my pledge sisters and I worked hard to plan our weeklong stay in Alabama. We searched hours for the perfect house on the beach, organized the payments and plans, and prepared for an epic spring break. 

Once we finally arrived in Alabama, we unpacked our bags and immediately grabbed our swimsuits. The trip was filled with a ton of tanning time, sisterly bonding, and tons of laughs. It was awesome that we had the opportunity to get away from school for the week and spend time with our zisters. On the beach, we were able to meet up with our other zeta sisters and guy friends at other houses. The beach was flooded with people and even Zetas from other schools. It was awesome making new friends and it surprised me how many connections I was able to make in Gulf Shores, Alabama!

My spring break was definitely one to remember. I will never forget the memories I made with my best friends by my side. I loved being able to get away from schoolwork for a while and just enjoy the amazing company that I had. The hype that my brother created for Gulf Shores was definitely lived up to, and I can’t wait to pass down the tradition of going to Gulf Shores for spring break to other freshman.




ZLAM,
Molly Horowitz PC '15

0 comments:

Post a Comment