Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Rush Team to the Rescue!




Get to know this year's Rush Team and check out some of their wonderful rush advice!



Name: Kate Hanna
What’s your position on rush team?
I’m Recruitment Captain. As Third Vice President or Recruitment Chair, I have the overall responsibility for member recruitment and retention. Therefore, I work with my team to coordinate all of the recruitment efforts and events throughout the year for the entire chapter! I am continuously working with the Historian, Socials, and my team to promote Zeta Tau Alpha and continue its legacy.
What’s a hobby of yours?
Traveling! I also love to drink diet coke.
 What do you love about Zeta?
 My favorite things about Zeta are Chicken Finger Fridays, my little, and most of all the unconditional friendship that always supports me. I love that I found a place where I really feel I belong.
Do you have any tips for rush?
You will get so much out of your experience both during recruitment and after. Go into Recruitment with an open mind and meet as many people as you can. The more you put into this process, the more you will get out of it. Therefore, stay open-minded, don't be nervous, and everything will be okay. My hope for all of you is that you find a place that you can be yourself!

Name: Blakeley Galbraith
What’s your position on rush team?
Area Recruitment Captain. I’m responsible for educating the new pledge class on recruitment, running work weekends and scheduling and organizing various recruitment procedures. Overall, making sure the chapter is educated as to what is expected of them and the procedures that accompany recruitment.
What’s a hobby of yours?
Recreating foods from Pinterest, Netflix, and checking off items on my Austin bucket list!
What do you love about Zeta?
Coming from out of state and knowing nobody, the girls at Zeta made me feel like I had people to lean on and go to for anything and I found the place where I belong and get to share a bond with my sisters and create a new home for me at UT Austin.
Do you have any tips for rush?
Make your own decision! College is new and scary and you may want to stick with the people you know or go with what girls in your recruitment group are doing. Follow your heart and go with where you feel you belong and stay true to yourself so you'll end up in the right place...the system works!

 
Name: McKenzie Edwards
What’s your position on rush team?
I’m Assistant Area Recruitment Captain, so I help both Blakeley and Kate!
What’s a hobby of yours?
 I'm such a bookworm, and I plan on spending so much of this summer reading poolside!
What do you love about Zeta?
The friends I've made because of Zeta have helped me become the person I am today. I could not imagine my life without these girls!
Do you have any tips for rush?
Wear something you LOVE, every day of recruitment. If you love what you're wearing and feel confident in it, you're going to feel so great about yourself that your whole experience will be that much better!



Name: Sarah Roe
What’s your position on rush team?
I’m Database Chair. I’m responsible for creating and managing a database of all potential new members registered for recruitment while working with Panhellenic and alumnae throughout the process.
What’s a hobby of yours?
I love to run, do yoga, and eat (every food possible)
What do you love about Zeta?
Zeta is my home away from home and I cannot imagine the person I would be without it.  I never thought a group of girls could affect my life so much, but they did and it was all for the better. 
Do you have any tips for rush?
Put everything and anything in your recruitment bag.  And stay hydrated.  Don’t be intimidated to drink the waters at the sorority houses, it’s there for a reason!


Name: Lindsey Peet
What’s your position on rush team?
I’m Assistant Database. I help with Sarah with database and processing recommendation letters and communicate with alumni.
What’s a hobby of yours?
I love make-up, especially bright colored lipstick!
What do you love about Zeta?
I love Zeta because we have such a wide range of personalities but we all get along.
Do you have any tips for rush?
Bring a fan!!!






Name: Sydney Jones
What’s your position on rush team?
I’m Recruitment Party Manager. I will be in charge of making sure every PNM has someone to talk to at the house throughout recruitment, and is never left alone! I hope for everyone to connect with the ladies they talk to at the house, and will make sure that the Zetas are organized and prepared for each day of rush.
What’s a hobby of yours?
I really like cooking! I wouldn’t say I’m great at it or anything, but living in an apartment this year I’ve started to enjoy cooking for myself and experimenting with different recipes I find on Pinterest!
What do you love about Zeta?
Being in Zeta has been such a great experience for me starting from the very beginning. I was a little nervous coming into UT that it would feel too big, but Zeta has provided the close-knit community and support that I need. Also I feel like being in Zeta has made me a better student. Being surrounded by so many awesome girls who all have accomplishments in different majors is really inspiring!
Do you have any tips for rush?
Someone told me a tip while I was going through recruitment that really helped me with the decision process. The tip is to pay close attention to the PNM's that are attending the same parties as you. Try to get to know as many people as you can! As the week comes to an end start to imagine yourself being in a pledge class with the girls standing on the porch of each house with you, because they might be your new sisters very soon!


Name: Sofia Colorado
What’s your position on rush team?
I’m Recruitment Party Assistant Manager, so I help Sydney with the organization and preparation for each day of rush, so that everything goes smoothly.
What’s a hobby of yours?
My hobbies include going on the lake with friends, keeping up with my favorite tv show scandal, and shopping at whole foods!
What do you love about Zeta?
I love Zeta because I've met an incredible group of girls that I'm proud to call my sisters. While we are all so different, we are able to come together as one chapter and be a home away from home.
Do you have any tips for rush?
My advice for rush would be to RELAX because there are hundreds of girls on the same boat as you are so take it easy and always be positive!


Name: Morgan Nussbaum
What’s your position on rush team?
I’m Entertainment Chair for recruitment, so I’m in charge of skit, dance, pref-night songs and speeches, and décor.
What’s a hobby of yours?
I love to run and go to CYC, try new exotic foods, puppies, sushi, and fashion. Someday I hope to pursue a career in event planning and start my own company.
What do you love about Zeta?
I love Zeta because of its diversity and how each member is a piece to a giant puzzle. I have met so many different types of girls who are actually just like me in their own unique way. The sisterhood in Zeta is unbreakable and I know I will be friends with some of these girls forever.
Do you have any tips for rush?
My tip for rush is to truly be yourself. If you are able to connect with the girl you are talking to and are able to have a real conversation that flows naturally then you will know where you genuinely belong and recruitment will be a piece of cake!


Name: Hailey B. Williams
What’s your position on rush team?
Assistant Entertainment, helping to make sure all the decor and skit stuff goes right!
What’s a hobby of yours?
Design is my major, but painting is my favorite thing to do!
What do you love about Zeta?
I love Zeta because of four letters: ZLAM (Zeta Love And Mine!)
Do you have any tips for rush?
Just accept, pre-rush, that your hair won't stay in place and you'll sweat all of your makeup off probably before the first house. We ALL sweat our little hearts out for rush, but it's most important to be comfy in your own skin that week because we're looking for personality! Not perfect hair.




Name: Rachel Konig
What's your position on rush team?
My position on Rush Team is called Period Chair, so what the heck is that? Basically, my involvement as period chair begins during rush, when I will be helping to pass out and pick up the refreshments that we give the girls, as well as help them find their way out of the house at the end of the party. My involvement otherwise is to make girls fall in love with Zeta like I did. 
What's a hobby of yours?
My hobby/passion is definitely writing. Lame, I know, but it's definitely a way to express any type of feeling without having to label it as fact or fiction. I also love music because it's just writing but to a rhythm.  
What do you love about Zeta?
I love Zeta because even before I got my bid, I felt an indestructible love that only sisterhood can exemplify. It is a kind of bond that is rare but when you come across it, you hold it tight. This is what my goal is for the girls going through rush because as stressful and scary and nerve-wracking as it is, you end up with something that you will identify with and cherish forever and as cliche as it is, that something is love. We are lucky but often take advantage of the fact that love is out there, but, we don't realize how real love us until we are almost literally hit in the face with it. I have to say, I've never been more relieved to--almost literally--be hit in the face before.
Do you have any tips for rush?
My advice? Be wide-eyed and willing. Be open-minded. Let the girls around you in just like they let you into their houses with screaming cheers, because I guarantee you'll never find such sincerity and love in your life. Konig out, ZLAM. 

To learn more about Zeta Tau Alpha, visit www.texaszetataualpha.com.
Also, follow us on Twitter and Insta @TexasZTA, and on tumblr at utzetataualpha.tumblr.com!

For questions about recruitment, tune into more upcoming blogs this summer, written by Rush Team themselves! More recruitment information can be found at http://www.texaspanhellenic.com/. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment