Sunday, September 28, 2014

Tuesday Night Study Snacks



                  During our second chapter meeting of the year last week, we were told study hours were going to start for all the New Members the next day, and with them… study snacks were back. Needless to say the older girls who had all experienced their fair share of study hours and maybe too many snacks (although, can you really have too much chips and queso?) were a little jealous.


                  Since we all have to study  and make those grades while we’re here these four years, we might as  well do it together and make it as fun as possible, right? I’ve always felt that was the purpose of study hours, and study snacks does the job perfectly of keeping it fun; study breaks are always a must to keep you going on the study grind, and what better kind of break than one with yummy food and your friends? Study hours were always something I looked forward to as a new member. They were yet another chance to see all my new sisters, because of course we hadn’t gotten enough of each other yet (still haven’t - ZLAM) –and something that helped ease us along through the week.             


So, even though technically my study hours are no longer mandatory, as I am not a "new member" anymore, you better believe I was at the Zeta house with my laptop, my books, and my appetite when 6 o’clock rolled around the next night. I also showed up hoping to meet some more of the beautiful and smart new pledge class, get some work done and fill my tummy. All of the above were achieved as Scholastics Chair Aubrey Crenshaw pulled of a very successful first study snacks, gracing us with a feast fit for college queens that kept us motivated to keep up the hard work for the next two hours. And since I just had to come back for more, I can tell you that first week was followed up by just as successful of a second one, and I can’t wait to see what’s in store next time.





ZLAM,


Dru Bickham, PC ‘13

0 comments:

Post a Comment