Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Some Good Old Thanksgiving Football


           

Some Good Old Thanksgiving Football

Jenn Francis and her twin brother, Jordan, supporting the horns.


         As my family and I headed to the Thanksgiving game at Darrell K. Royal like we do each Thanksgiving, we were ready for the last Longhorn home game of the season. Stuffed with our Thanksgiving meals, it was nice to relax and spend the game and day with family. Knowing that it may rain, we purchased ponchos at the team store and headed to our seats. 

PC '14 Jenn Francis at the game with her dad and brother.

I sat in between my younger sister who hopes to be a Longhorn someday, and my mom who was one. As the rain started to pour, we put on our ponchos and tried to stay dry and warm. I got to see some of my Red Raider friends who came to the game, and spent time with my family. As the Longhorns were picked to win, we watched and cheered and hoped! The game itself was great. At halftime, Jimmy Vaughn performed along with our band and put on a fun performance. It was strange seeing an almost empty student section, and looking around to see so many families and friends fill in the stadium. The second half of the game was crazy: so many great plays and so much excitement from fans in the stands. 
Tara Tillery and family. 




The Thanksgiving game was a awesome, but was a different experience from most games. Instead of going to tailgates and sitting with friends in the rowdy student section, I got to eat and relax and enjoy with my family. It was a little bit saddening knowing it was the last home game of the season, and the last home game for all of the seniors. It was such a great experience and I hope I get to spend Thanksgiving rooting on Texas every year with my family!
Tara Tillery, PC ’15

0 comments:

Post a Comment