Thursday, April 14, 2016

I Got it From My Momma: Zeta Mom's Weekend 2016


Leading up to Moms weekend, I was counting down the days until she arrived in Austin. Yes, I was excited to see her, but it also didnt hurt that she was renting a condo downtown at the Ashton, where I knew I could sleep in a comfy, queen sized bed versus my usual twin sized one. I also wasnt opposed to the free dinners (real dinners, not dorm food) that were soon to come. Maybe I would even get some of my laundry done. But really, all jokes aside, one of the things I miss most in college is not getting to come home to my fun-loving, kindhearted mother. Phone calls and facetimes are just not the same as cuddling up on the couch with her to watch a movie or going to our favorite restaurants. So needless to say, I couldnt wait for a weekend of this.


Friday began with an afternoon by the pool. We had the most beautiful view of town lake and got some sun while catching up with one another. Amanda Brauer and her mom were also staying with us in the condo and we all spent a much-needed day of relaxation. That night we went to Taverna downtown with some other Zetas and their moms. The Italian was delicious and again, much better than the dorm food I have gotten accustomed to. Saturday we headed down to South Congress and did some shopping (another luxury I am too poor for ever since college) which then followed by more laying out back at the pool. Saturday night we went with Mckenna Nard, Brooke Merritt and both of their moms to get sushi at Bar Chi which was yet another yummy meal. Afterwards we walked over to Speakeasy and enjoyed appetizers and good company with all of our Zeta sisters and their moms. On Sunday morning, we all headed to the Zeta house for a big brunch with all of our moms. As always, the food at Zeta was delicious, and the company was even better! Looking around, I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude to be apart of such an amazing sisterhood. 




I can truly say the only downside is that Im pretty positive I gained 10 pounds from all of the lounging and eating. Getting to have all of my favorite people in one place, my mom and my sisters, made for a very happy, laughter-filled 48 hours.The weekend was even more wonderful than I expected it to be. I was so glad I got to share my mom with all of my best friends and vice versa. My mom loved reliving a little bit of her college days and getting to experience for a weekend what my life is like in college and in Zeta. We made so many memories and it has made me look forward to the next 3 years of Moms weekends.


ZLAM,
Lainie Mabe PC'15 

0 comments:

Post a Comment