Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Get Crowned Up for Round Up




This past weekend was one that I had been counting down to for roughly 364 days. This was my third Round Up! However, being that I’m a member of PC ‘12, this Round Up was my very first one as a member of a sorority. Further, it was my first one to get to cover myself head to toe in letters, and cheesy as it sounds I really can’t describe how good it felt that those letters were ZTA. I agonized in class Friday morning like a fifth grader on the last day of school, and the second the clock ticked :50 I practically pranced back to West Campus. I had my Day 1 outfit already set out and the second it was on my body, tattoos on my face, and stickers on my clothes, I was out the door headed to the house for the First Annual Zeta Spurs Backyard Bash!
PC '12 Francesca Herro and Sarah Poe
The zistas I was with and I felt like VIP’s bypassing the long line by flashing our wristbands at the door and fit in perfectly in the sea of neon and fanny packs in our backyard. I had a hamburger AND a hotdog and got excessively excited to get my face painted. Essentially, I had the time of my life and in true UT Greek life spirit things only got better. My zistas and I frolicked around West Campus hopping from house to house for a few hours before figuring out where to spend Friday night. It’s hard to choose when there are ten late nights… but Lil Flip and Slim Thug won out, of course and we danced the night away.

Saturday morning felt like Christmas as I jumped out of bed and immediately yelled to my roommates “IT’S ROUND UP Y’ALL!” Ain’t no darty (day party) like a Round Up darty. After all, there were 12 to choose from and Chamillionaire, Lil Flip, Travis Porter, Crime Mob, Ying Yang Twins, Kyle Park, Driicky Graham and Juicy J to see. After a lot of darty hopping, crawfish eating and slip & sliding, I settled down in one place and enjoyed the show Chamillionaire put on (after all, I am a Houston girl).

After a pit stop at Torchy’s, it was home to change into Outfit #3 and head on out for the last leg of Round Up. Two late nights, three raves and Z-Ro to hit up, it was sure to be a great night and it sure was.
Sarah Poe (PC '12), Katie Kratkiewicz (PC '11),
Sloane Schaumberger  (PC '11), and Ashley Allison (PC '11)





I awoke Sunday morning to a little PRD (Post Round Up Depression), but consoled myself by starting a new 364 day countdown. Though I’m reminded of it daily, it’s weekends like these where it hits me hardest how special of a school I go to, how special of a Greek life I’m a part of, and how I’m a member one of the most incredible chapters in the country. Being a Texas Zeta is a good good life. ZLAM!

ZL,
Sarah Poe
PC '12







0 comments:

Post a Comment