Monday, April 22, 2013

ZTA/Tri Delt Ice Cream Social




Torrey St. George and her Tri Delt friend, Emily Hees, at the 
ZTA/Tri Delt Ice Cream Social.  In addition, here is a glimpse of 
their yummy ice cream creations 
What can bring two sororities together on a Tuesday night? Ice Cream Sundays! That’s right, an amazing ice cream social. Our first Zeta/Tri Delt ice cream social, held this past Tuesday, was beyond a success. Planning it with the sisterhood team was such an outstanding experience. The excitement started Tuesday morning when I drove to HEB to stock up on all the delicious toppings. I thought it would be a fun idea to ask girls what their favorite ice cream toppings were – little did I know people had strong opinions about their favorite toppings.  Within a minute, I was flooded with suggestions. A little shout out to PC '10 Jess Harper for throwing some wild, fun ideas my way (such as cereal—who would have thought?) Anyway, as I walked the aisles of HEB pushing my cart, filled sky-high with chocolate and other heart attack inducing candies, many grocery shoppers gave me sideways looks.  The glares had gotten a little out of hand. People must’ve assumed I had recently gone through a terrible break up or that I, a college student, had a poor diet.  Finally, someone had the courage to approach this crazy looking girl and ask what I was doing.  Happily, I was able to brag about our ice cream social with Tri Delt. After my adventure to HEB, I headed to the house to prepare for the social. Arriving an hour before the event I recruited Ben Biamante and other ZTA houseboys for the small price of a few Oreos. Together, we prepared for the ice cream extravaganza. As the clock struck 7:00, the line was out the door, and soon Tri Delts and Zetas took over the dining room with chatter.  Everyone enjoyed the event and left no trace of goodies and toppings behind! It was such a success and hopefully we can have another ice cream social with the ladies of Tri Delt soon. A little Delta bird told me they loved it just as much as we did!

Lots of love (and ice cream),
Torrey St. George 
PC '11

0 comments:

Post a Comment