Tuesday, November 26, 2013

ZTA Semi-Formal At Speakeasy


With the end of every semester comes “formal season” and it certainly came quicker than I could have ever imagined. Before I knew it, Zeta Semi-Formal was around the corner and I could hardly contain my excitement. The anticipation built higher and higher the few weeks leading up to the night as we all began asking our dates and looking all over for the perfect dress. All of the plans started to come together and all of a sudden Semi-Formal was here!
The day of Semi-Formal was incredibly cold and rainy, but we were all determined to not let the weather ruin our night! In our coats and gloves, a group of my friends gathered in the beautiful lobby of my dorm, SRD, to take pictures with each other and our dates before we headed off to dinner. Fortunately the SRD Christmas tree had just been put up in the lobby, so we were provided with the perfect backdrop for our pictures. The scene was definitely perfect for the cold and wintery weather. Once we had taken all of the pictures our face muscles would allow, we ran through the cold to our cars to head off to dinner. My group decided that, for Semi-Formal, we wanted to go somewhere special for dinner, so we chose The Oasis on Lake Travis. As soon as we got there and saw the view, we knew that the drive was worth it. I had never seen a sight so beautiful! The dinner provided lots of laughs and delicious food. It was one of my favorite parts of the evening. The Oasis had a beautiful fireplace set up, so after dinner we were able to drink some coffee and hang out with our group for a little longer before it was time to make our way to Speakeasy!
Once we arrived at Speakeasy, the party was in full swing! It was great to see everyone dressed up and looking their best. Everyone looked so beautiful! In true Zeta fashion, there was a photo booth, face painters, and lots of dancing. As the night progressed, it was exciting to see how the crowd was transformed into different animals, fairies, and superheroes by the talented face painters. It was such a blast to get dressed up in boas and hats for the photo booth and get our goofy pictures taken. Afterwards, it was so fun to get to look at the hilarious and candid pictures. There was a live band at Speakeasy who played mostly covers from the 90s, which are, in my opinion, some of the best songs to jam out to. It was great to sing at the top of my lungs and dance like a fool with all of my sisters and best friends!
Overall, it was a great night full of laughter, silly dancing, and memories I will cherish forever. Semi-Formal was the perfect way to finish out the semester with my best friends in Zeta and celebrate an outstanding first semester at UT before the start of exams in December. I’m already so excited for next year!

ZL,
Avery Staples PC ‘13

0 comments:

Post a Comment