Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mckenzie on her Fiji Adventure & meeting Brad Pitt!


It all started at a security check point in the Los Angeles airport…
“Is that him?” –mom
“I don’t think so”- me
“I think it is”-mom
“It is, it is, it is!” – mom
“No mom, that is not him” –me
“Yes it is! Let’s go meet him!” – mom
“Gahhhhh, you’re so embarrassing mom, it’s not Brad Pitt” –me
No one was bothering the guy or even paying him any attention as he was going through airport security, so there’s no way it could have been him right? I mean he had all black clothing and glasses on, long hair, and a very scruffy looking beard. I was convinced that this man was just the average joe.

The guy walks off to a private elevator and my mom speed walks after him and says, “Mr.Pitt, excuse me Mr.Pitt,” calmly and he didn’t respond, so then my mom decides to yell “Brad! Brad!” and he turns around looking a little bamboozled and he confirmed his identity as the one and only Brad Pitt. All I did was stare while my mom asked if we could get a picture with him. I got my iphone out instantly and basically threw it to my mom and rushed to his side the second he said yes. He was genuinely nice and very polite. After the picture and our millions of compliments he thanked us for out support and gave us a smile. 

I’ve never been so thankful to be wrong in my life and to have such an outgoing mother.
I sat in the airport for eight more hours waiting for our flight in complete bliss and amazement that I had just seen one of my favorite actors. I forgot that I was even going on my dream vacation… that is until I stepped off my plane that had just landed in the islands of Fiji. 
We took a boat to a remote island called Malolo Lailai where we stayed in bungalows and could snorkel right off the back porch. The island was incredibly beautiful with crystal clear water, white sandy beaches, and a beautiful blue sky.


The scuba diving was absolutely the best I have ever experienced due to the islands being so close to the Australian Great BArrier Reef. I got to see a few sharks, giant schools of fish, sea turtles, moray eels, clown fish, sting rays, deep sea caves, and even coral that changed colors when I touched it! The best thing about my trip, however, was getting to spend time with my mom and being able to make memories with her that will last a lifetime. I feel so fortunate to have brought in the new year with such amazing experiences that I'll never forget!

ZL, 
Mckenzie Harrison-Bolen
PC '12

0 comments:

Post a Comment