Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Second Semester, Twice the Fun

After the long hiatus of winter break, I know I’m not the only one who was more than ready to be back in Austin. While spending countless hours with my family was great, I couldn't wait to be reunited with my friends, even if it meant that I had to start doing my own laundry again (update: still haven’t done it). Not only was it going to be my birthday weekend, but it was also syllabus week, which promised very little homework and lots of fun with friends.
            As I walked into my first class, I was pumped to see that my fellow Zeta science nerds had already saved me a seat. We had made it through last semester alive, and were ready to take on the struggles of the new semester together. As the professor went over the syllabus, all was swell, until he began teaching new material and assigning homework. Quiet groans echoed throughout the lecture hall as students, including myself, were just now realizing that syllabus week had lied to us, yet again. Nevertheless, my friends and I took the nights by storm and made some memories that will last us a lifetime.
            I think its safe to say that at some point during our first week back, everyone: got lost going to class, shed a tear while looking at textbook prices, was genuinely confused about the new canoe statue on campus, and most importantly, was reunited with the cheesy heaven that is Roppolo’s Pizza. Looking forward, I am so excited to see what this semester brings, both in school and in Zeta. In addition, I am thrilled to be getting more involved on campus by joining the Roustabouts Dance Company here at UT as their newest member. Wishing all my zistas a happy, healthy, and memorable second semester. Let’s make this one count!
 
ZLAM,

Alex Brown PC ‘14


0 comments:

Post a Comment