Thursday, February 5, 2015

Black, White, and ZTA All Over

The anticipation for our first date event of the semester was definitely buzzing, especially after the socials announced the details for it at chapter. The theme would be black and white, something we hadn’t done before (or at least since I’ve been a member), and we would get to celebrate the night with Tri-Delta. There were rumors that some people would take the theme in a funny way and dress up as penguins, but there was a general consensus that none of us wanted our dates to look like waiters. We were also told that the occasion would be at Coppertank Events Center, a place that was a little different than the environment that we usually held our functions in. Because of these cool new additions everyone seemed even more excited than usual!
            My favorite part of the event was the dance floor: it was HUGE. Everyone managed to shake their groove thang at least once or twice; even the girls that you wouldn’t normally see out on the floor. Aside from the large area for dancing, there was plenty of space to go if you needed a breather from busting a move or a quiet place to talk with friends. There was also a photo booth set up that I unfortunately did not get to partake in because I was too busy spending my night on the dance floor. Ugh.

            Overall, I’d say that the event was a great success and an even better time. It was an awesome place to hold our first time all back together after winter break and it definitely set the stage for a super fun semester. I hear there are some great ideas in the mix for our formal, but it will sure be hard to top this. My only regret is that I did not get any pictures taken in the photo booth because they all came out oh so cute. I can’t wait to see what our socials have up their sleeves next!




ZLAM- Hannah Matula PC '13

0 comments:

Post a Comment