Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Queso for the Cure

October is a special month for members of Zeta Tau Alpha, for it is a whole month dedicated to our philanthropy, Breast Cancer Education and Awareness. As a new member who recently experienced recruitment, I got to witness the passion and dedication the members of Zeta have towards their philanthropy during the second round of rush. Ever since that day, I have been waiting anxiously for October to come around to get to experience first hand all that Zeta does to spread awareness and raise money for Breast Cancer Education and Awareness.
Some members passed out Think Pink ribbons on campus. Other members participated in a profit share Zeta put on with Canes. However, what I was most excited for was Queso for a Cure – my first philanthropy event. All my expectations for the event were completely blown out of the water. The live music, the set-up in the backyard, the sea of pink that filled the area, the face paint, and let’s not forget the delicious queso! What warmed my heart the most was the amount of people outside of Zeta that came to support and “Think Pink” with us. The line went through the backyard, to the front yard, and then looped around the corner of the street – and that doesn’t even count all the people already sitting down. I loved being able to be a part of such a joyous event focused around a great cause.
Queso for a Cure was a two-hour event filled with an infinite amount of love. It was hard not to smile when I looked around and saw people laughing, dancing, hugging (in typical Zeta fashion), and, of course, munching on some good chips and queso. The dedication and effort that the girls put into Queso for a Cure further proved to me how much Zeta cares about Breast Cancer Education and Awareness, and it excites me for the future philanthropy events to come.
Love- Gracelyn Keener PC 19

0 comments:

Post a Comment