Thursday, April 10, 2014

TBT Throwback Thursday: Spring Break Trip to San Francisco

          My Zeta sister, Courtney Groos, and I were talking about what our spring break plans were and both realized we did not have any. We somehow both agreed that San Francisco, California would be the perfect spring break trip for us and two of our ChiO friends, Brandi Russell and Grace Mueller. About a week later, we had found the PERFECT unit to rent and booked our flights, and then we were off!!!

          This trip is full of memories that I will never ever forget. From our first Uber ride, which is all the rage in Cailifornia, to running up to our unit and seeing the ocean from our window. We made the absolute most of the vacation. We set our alarms for 7 am each day and were up and ready to explore the city. Our first day we grabbed delicious sandwiches from Ikes and walked over to Dolores Park for a picnic. I kid you not when I say it was the BEST sandwich I had ever had. The park was so beautiful, with a great view of the hills and houses of San Francisco.

Visiting the Painted Ladies
         Another day we drove across the Golden Gate Bridge to go to Muir Woods and saw hundreds of gorgeous redwood trees, unlike anything I had ever seen before. Naturally, when you get a group of four girls together, there is bound to be a lot of shopping. We walked up and down Fillmore and Chestnut for hours, popping in and out of shops. It is not a real trip to San Francisco unless you go see the Painted Ladies, also known as the Full House houses. So, of course we took plenty of pictures in front of those. Those are only a few of my favorite memories from this incredible trip!

          We had a very full schedule and really saw just about everything there was to see. I am so glad that Courtney and I decided to go on this trip and made these memories. I absolutely fell in love with the city and most definitely plan on visiting again.

ZLAM
Caleigh Campbell
PC'12

0 comments:

Post a Comment