Sunday, April 20, 2014

ZTA Alumni Easter Egg Hunt

         In preparation for the Alumni Easter Egg Hunt, PC’13 brought Easter candy to stuff the eggs with! This task did not bother me at all; it simply gave me an excuse to buy some extra Starbursts, Jelly Beans, and Reeses Eggs for myself. Which is exactly what my sorority sister, Leah Haugh and I did when we went to Target to pick up the candy, because everyone knows Easter candy is the best kind of candy.  Between a Big/Little meeting, our ARC meeting, and the Easter Egg Hunt, Sunday made for a long yet productive day. But I couldn’t help but look forward to the little ones arriving!

          Finally the time came, we were released from our rush meeting to help set up for the Easter Egg Hunt. Zeta Alumni, along with their families and children all started to arrive. First we went to the backyard to play with the animals in the petting zoo. Bunny rabbits, guinea pigs, an iguana, and even baby chicks! The children couldn’t contain their excitement any longer (and neither could the Zetas). It was so entertaining watching the children as they attempted to “gently” pet the animals.

         After the petting zoo, came the moment everyone was waiting for, the Easter Egg Hunt! Suddenly I felt like a little kid again. I found it humorous watching the older children run from fence to fence in the back yard as they frantically searched for eggs, while the younger children wandered around not sure what to do. I definitely remember those days; being the youngest of four children I was lucky if I even found an egg on Easter morning. Eventually after all the eggs were found, the families headed inside to enjoy some treats-cupcakes, crackers, cheese, and even healthy options like carrots and celery! You can bet I took a cupcake, or maybe even two. Watching the families at the Alumni Easter Egg Hunt really made me miss mine, but I knew in less than a week I would finally be reunited with my entire family for the first time since Christmas! Happy Easter!

ZLAM
Mackenzie Benton
PC’13




0 comments:

Post a Comment