Wednesday, September 11, 2013

CHICKEN. FINGER. FRIDAY.

The look on my sisters’ faces when our house manager Liz Flury announced that the first Friday of September was Chicken Finger Friday, can only be described as pure joy. Shrieks and tears of happiness followed. 
Chiara shows off her typical CFF lunch. 
Fondly referred to as CFF, Chicken Finger Friday is a lunch hosted at Zeta that features chicken fingers, coleslaw, baked beans, vanilla pudding, and (my personal favorite) macaroni and cheese. We are encouraged to bring our friends to this special occasion, and the lucky few that are invited always want to come back for more. I invited one of my best friends, Holly, to meet me at the Zeta house that Friday for what she thought was going to be a just quick lunch... but if you’re going to chicken finger Friday, you better do it right. So after multiple trips back to the food table for extra helpings of mac and cheese, our quick lunch soon turned into great conversation with the rest of my sisters. We spent about two hours talking about how fun the previous night’s date event was, the struggle of having early morning classes on a Friday, and how we were so full but did not want to stop eating the delicious chicken and macaroni! Everybody Holly talked to was so happy and welcoming, which made sharing this delicious meal with her even better. I loved being able to share two of my great loves with her that day-- food and my sisters! Chicken Finger Friday is the perfect way to treat yourself after a hard week of classes, and I know I speak for the rest of the chapter when I say that we can’t wait for the next one!
PC '12 Courtney Kercher, Ashton Groves, and
Sydney Braasch are all smiles eating their chicken fingers!

ZL,
Chiara Geremia PC '12

0 comments:

Post a Comment