Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cowboys Sweetheart Night

Maddy Mendicino and Bianca Morrison--the
newest Texas Zeta Cowboy Sweethearts!
                  Although I had always known of the Texas Cowboys and of their prestigious reputation, I had always wanted to know more about them. I honestly thought they were just a group of good looking guys that dressed up on game-days to set off the cannon. However, after being named a Texas Cowboys Sweetheart, I was able to ask around and learn more about what being a Cowboy meant. 
                  Upon receiving the honor to be a Sweetheart, the Cowboys picked up Bianca Morrison, another PC '12 Zeta, and I from the Zeta house at chapter. The Sweetheart night was SO FUN! With roses in hand, the Cowboys took us on a bus with all of the other new sweethearts. From there we stopped in front of the tower for some pictures wearing the Cowboys’ black hats, and then went to dinner (Mexican buffet style)! At dinner some of the Cowboys spoke about their experiences with the organization and all of the hard work they had to put in before they got all of the perks. I realized that they were all a tight group of friends who worked hard to make a great gameday experience while having a strong brotherhood and reaching out to the community. 
                  I feel so fortunate to be even a small part of this organization, and I can’t wait to see what opportunities are ahead for Bianca and I! It’s definitely going to be something I’ll remember for the rest of my life.

ZLAM,
Maddy Mendicino PC '12


0 comments:

Post a Comment