Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Zeta Love: Valentine's Day Party at the House

Brooke Winterhalder and Natalie Cohen
        Valentines day is a great opportunity to celebrate and enjoy all the people we love! While we constantly celebrate the love we have for each other at Zeta, this Valentines Day, the sisterhood team decided to do something special for everyone. It was date night at the zeta house, complete with dinner and a movie- but NO BOYS ALLOWED! The girls were treated to freshly popped popcorn by our very own pink Valentines Day bunny- Brooke Winterhalder. 

        There was also delicious pizza and an unlimited buffet of candy and cookies to munch on. Everyone sat and talked while the houseboys worked to transform the chapter room into a huge movie theatre complete with comfy couches, blankets, and air mattresses. The movie of choice for the occasion was of course, The Notebook. There’s nothing better than a bunch of girls sitting around and getting sappy about love and the future. I personally have never seen the movie, and WOW was I in for a great surprise. 

       Towards the end of the movie I found myself with my head buried in my blanket trying not to hysterically sob at the part where- SPOILER ALERT- the older Ally realizes the story is her life story. I’d like to take a moment to give major props to Nicholas Sparks. You sure got me good on the ending, Sir.

        After all was said and done, and everyone was full and feeling emotional, it was time to wrap up. For me it was a great way to connect with all my sisters who managed to get me through quite possibly one of the most touching movies I’ve ever seen (Being a sensitive person, I require lots of cuddling during the sad parts). For other people, the event was an easy way to relax and enjoy each other’s company during what was an otherwise hectic week.  It was a successful Tuesday night at the Zeta House, complete with everything a girl could want for valentines day- all her best friends!
........Oh and Pizza. 


ZLAM,
Erin Ball

PC ‘13


Just some of the goodies...




1 comments:

mackyton said...

This Valentine’s Day party looks blasting. Glad to know that everything was amazing in this bash. I have just booked a decent local indoor event space for a surprise event space V-day bash for my wife. It will be our first after wedding Valentine’s Day so I want to make her feel special.

Post a Comment