Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Chicken Finger Friday at Zeta

          I’ve always been an advocate for fried chicken that comes in finger form. I think I heard something about Chicken Finger Friday during rush and couldn’t believe it to be true considering it would make most of my dreams come true, but when I saw it on the calendar first semester I might’ve teared up a little. The first time I went was great, Chef Holly really showed she could make something so simple as a chicken finger just as delicious as the fancy meals she makes for us on Monday nights before chapter. So there was no way I’d be missing the second time the holy day came around.
         This time Chicken Finger Friday was on a whole other level. It was on Valentine’s Day so many girls brought their beaus but I wanted a little more for myself so I rolled solo to the event. Everything was decorated in red and pink for the special day and there was candy spread everywhere along with those little candy hearts nobody could pass up. I spent my time hanging with my sisters enjoying a meal we normally would have sworn off considering spring break was so close but had decided to devour the unhealthy food instead. And boy was it worth it! The macaroni was extra cheesy and, although I didn’t even bother with the vegetables that were offered, the cinnamon cake at the end of the table was to die for. I broke everything I’d been working for spring-break-body-wise right then and there by the number of chicken fingers and slices of cake I had (the exact number isn’t important).
         It means a lot having something like this at the Zastle. Most of us are so busy during the day but nobody can miss out on Chicken Finger Friday so I get to see most of my friends. I was so close to skipping class because of the food baby that was growing inside me but I ended up going anyways. Fridays are already special but Chicken Finger Fridays make them seem like a Godsend.

Thank you ZTA,

Hannah Matula PC'13




Hannah takes a selfie with all the food! YUM

0 comments:

Post a Comment