Sunday, February 16, 2014

Zetas Unite at the 2014 Zeta Days


        Last weekend I went to Zeta days in El Paso with all of Exec. Zeta Days is a Zeta convention where all the chapters in Texas and alumni meet up in a different city every year and have a luncheon with tons of great food and awards. It was really cool to get to meet a bunch of different girls from other universities such as Baylor and TCU. I loved getting to hear about their schools and what they do in Zeta as well. The first day we got to El Paso, we had dinner with everyone. It was a taco bar, which everyone loved and for dessert we got ice cream sandwiches. After dinner we played a bunch of games and had competitions among the different province groups, which we definitely won. 
         
       The next day we had breakfast and then awards and lunch. It was a huge honor because we ended up winning the best GPA among all the Zeta chapters in Texas. I am so proud of our chapter and it was very special to receive that award. I hope to continue making our chapter better as the Academic Achievement Chair and hope to carry on the tradition of winning best GPA next year as well.

ZLAM
Aubrey Crenshaw
Scholastics
PC'12

Texas Zeta's fantastic Executive Council


        This year I volunteered to travel with our exec team to El Paso for Texas Zeta Days, I thought it'd be an excellent experience to give back to our chapter and see what it is that these girls do for us. I don't think I have ever traveled longer than I have been at my destination! But with the waiting at the airport and the plane rides it allowed us all to bond and catch up with one another since we constantly seem to be busy between our school schedules and studying, along with being involved in other organizations. 
         The first night we were welcomed with a nacho bar and an amazing musician, who may have sounded better than the actual performers. After dinner, the night concluded when all the chapters were introduced and split up between provinces where we had a fun competition of silly games--which I am a proud winner of the hula-hoop contest along with our Vice President, Christen May! As the games ended the dance party (ZLAM Jam) started giving us a blast from the past with songs like the Cha-cha Slide and the Cupid Shuffle!
         The next day is where I felt honored to be a part of such a great organization as I saw many women get recognized for their achievements and time spent with Zeta Tau Alpha, it really showed me that Zeta is forever. It was also special to see many chapters receive notice for their outstanding abilities, I am proud to say that we got noticed for having the best overall GPA!
         I am glad I got to be a part of the experience and celebrate our accomplishments of Zeta Tau Alpha in the great state of Texas! 

ZLAM,
Skyeler Saar
PC'12



1 comments:

Post a Comment