Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Zetas get Formal

Friday, April 10 was not my usual day. Not only was it my 19th birthday, but it was Zeta's Crown Formal, the day we had all been looking forward to since the beginning of the spring semester. After sitting in countless meetings and listening to our socials talk about all of the amazing plans that they had for the big day, I could not have been any more excited for it to actually arrive. Leading up to formal my time, along with many of my sisters, was spent searching for the perfect dress. A long dress, as this event was going to be unlike any other. When the socials announced at chapter that the attire was extra fancy and that we would get to wear extravagant long dresses, my excitement reached its highest point.
Friday afternoon was spent with friends celebrating and talking. But when the clock stuck 6, it was time to get ready for the big event. I could not contain my excitement to see the amazing venue as I did my hair and makeup and finally put on my special dress. The time leading up to the dance was spent taking pictures at the beautiful Zeta house and scarfing down Mexican food at a local restaurant with our dates. I could not wait to see how beautiful not only the event looked, but how amazing all of my sisters were going to look for our last social event of the year.
When I finally arrived at the Hyatt that night my expectations were not only met but exceeded. The decorations were stunning as soon as you entered the building, and all I could hear were the ecstatic giggles of Zetas galore. Right after the entrance was an extravagant face painting table lined with Zetas and dates waiting to get cute and clever things painted all over. The music from the amazing live band was blasting from inside the ballroom and I could not wait to start dancing. The dance floor was filled with smiling, laughing faces as dates in tuxes twirled Zetas in flowing dresses around the room. The band played everything from sing alongs to slow dance songs, and I had the best time dancing my heart out with my date and very best friends.
Ending my birthday at Zeta formal could not have been more perfect, and I am so happy that I was able to spend it at such a beautiful venue with all of my amazing sisters. Now I want to take the time to say socials, you rock, and thank you for putting on such a fantastic event. Zeta crown formal could not have been more fun-filled, and I can't wait for many more social events to come in the future.

ZLAM,

Callie Blumenfeld

0 comments:

Post a Comment