Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Hopping into Spring

It was a beautiful Sunday to end a fun-filled weekend as current and alumnae Zetas filled the white house. Little kids beamed while holding the hands of their parents as they were welcomed by the Easter Bunny at the front door. Upon walking into the house, I was amazed at how perfectly decorated it was for Easter; delicious cupcakes filled platters in the kitchen, candy was placed throughout the house, and balloons surrounded the foyer. It was finally time for Easter at the Zeta house, and I couldn’t have been more excited.

            After enjoying 3 cupcakes and a juice box, (sorry I’m still a kid at heart), I made my way to the backyard. Kids were storming through the backyard, picking up egg by egg and placing them into their decorated baskets. However, the main attraction for me happened to be the Tiny Tails petting zoo. I patiently waited my turn outside the gate, watching children pet animals that ranged from tortoises to hedgehogs. When it was my turn, I was overwhelmed with excitement. I was handed a baby bunny and I fell in love. My bunny climbed onto my shoulder and perched itself like a parrot, admiring the children squealing and having fun. Although Tiny Tails wouldn’t let me buy the bunny off of them, I still had as much fun as any other kid that day.  
            The Easter egg hunt at Zeta was one of my favorite events this year. It was filled with kindness, sisterhood, and admiration for the alumnae Zetas who once lived in the place we call home. I look forward to one day bringing my children to the Easter egg hunt at Zeta, and I hope they still have the petting zoo when I return. ;)


ZLAM,
--Mackenzie Beldon PC '14


0 comments:

Post a Comment