Wednesday, March 4, 2020

National Rituals Week: Love

      The closing line of our creed for Zeta Tau Alpha is, “…remembering always that the foundation precept of Zeta Tau Alpha was love, THE GREATEST OF ALL THINGS!” That line echoes through the Zeta house as it leads us into chapter every Monday night. Although the word “love” is only audibly heard across our chapter one time a week, love radiates through all of us every moment of every day in Zeta Tau Alpha. As a new member coming into Zeta this past fall, thinking about connecting with a huge group of girls that I had never known existed before college seemed outlandish – unattainable – impossible. How could I grow to call a house my home? It all seemed more like a fantasy rather than a reality. And then, I experienced Bid Day.
I sprinted to the farthest house in West Campus in the August heat wearing heels. In writing, that seems like something out of a nightmare; however, in reality, it was something out of a dream you never want to awake from. The front yard greeted me with smiles from ear to ear, high pitched squeals, and a limitless number of hugs from the hundreds of girls I could now call sisters. I remember taking a moment to embrace all that was happening around me. During all the craze, a feeling of calmness fell over me; all my concerns about connecting to and with all the girls and house that represent Zeta were put to rest, for I had realized that I had already connected to everyone there the moment I fell in love with Zeta Tau Alpha.
       Texas Zeta encompasses so many different backgrounds, personalities, interests and aspirations. However, despite all our differences, we are all united through our love of Zeta. The founders of Zeta making “Love” the foundation precept sparked something within Zeta all those years ago that continues to shine through today. I feel loved each and every day by my sisters in Zeta. I could not wish for anything more out of this sorority, for it has given me the greatest of all things: Love.







Gracelyn Keener, MC19



0 comments:

Post a Comment