Sunday, March 30, 2014

ZTA loves ΔΔΔ! TriDelta Courtyard Cookout

          Considering it was my first time to partake in Roundup festivities, I had no idea what to expect. I had heard all of the stories about the different performers each fraternity would have but hadn’t really thought about the events the sororities would be putting on. Of course I would have offered my talents up at any of them as somewhat of a singer/dancer but after attending a few of the events I realized that they could hold their own without any big name artist providing the entertainment. Zeta’s Backyard Bash was a blast on Friday and a great way to kick off my first Round Up. Along the same lines, Tri Delt’s Courtyard Cookout was also a great way to start off my Saturday.

           I have many friends in Tri Delt and they supported our Backyard Bash so it was not even a question that I’d be attending their philanthropy event the next day. The burgers were definitely solid and I got to see a few people get soaked in the dunk tank. It gave me the opportunity to catch up with everyone on how their first day of Round Up had gone and allowed me to just relax during such a hectic weekend.

          I would say that the philanthropy events of the sororities are definitely underrated factors that contribute to the Round Up experience. You fill up on food with all of your friends and can plan out what you’re going to do for the day. Zeta and Tri Delt’s philanthropy events both started early enough to where they didn’t conflict with any of the performances put on at the different fraternities, and they got me out of bed so I didn’t sleep the day away like I do most of the time. If you didn’t make it out to any of the philanthropy events this year, I highly advise you to do so next year!

ZLAM,

Hannah Matula
PC'13

0 comments:

Post a Comment