Thursday, March 5, 2015

Cheers to Our Dads!

The weekend of February 28th to March 1st wasn’t your average weekend here in Austin, that’s right … it was DAD’S WEEKEND 2015!! After a few months back at school, getting the chance to see our fathers was highly anticipated by the entire chapter. With dads coming to Austin by way of planes, trains, and automobiles, from a wide range of states, it was bound to be a great weekend full of father-daughter bonding. 

The Weekend began with a Friday night dance at The Rattle Inn in downtown Austin. The DJ was playing the best songs and it was great to see the dads let loose and dance (and embarrass their daughters)! I was surprised when the dads started a dance circle, and even more surprised with their “sick” dance moves. Saturday brought some dreary cold weather, but that didn’t get in the way of a good time! Bundled up head to toe in boots and our Zeta rain jackets we set out to show our dads a good time in Austin. We did lots of different activities with our dads including Graffiti Park, Top Golf and Salt Lick BBQ. We never let the rain get in our way!

The best part of Dads Weekend was introducing my dad to all of my amazing zistas and being able to share my wonderful dad with all of them. It was nice to show him how I spend my time while here in Austin and share some of my favorite places with him. Now I think my dad wants to come back to school and be a Longhorn! Reflecting on my first Dads Weekend, I am so pleased with how it turned out. The weather may not have been perfect but it was still such an amazing experience to spend the weekend with the most special guys in our lives. Love you Daddio!

ZLAM! 

PC '14 Jules Maxwell

0 comments:

Post a Comment