Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Skatin' Sistas

Blading. Canes. Sisters. These three things mixed together were bound to create the perfect recipe for a sisterhood event of a lifetime. Wednesday, February 25th, all of the Zetas were to get together in their best 80s gear at Austin’s Playland Center to rollerskate the night away, munch on chicken fingers, and make some unforgettable sisterhood memories. I couldn’t wait.
            I got together my most colorful leggings and brightest scrunchie, and waited in anticipation for the night to begin. I finally arrived to a room full of my favorite people in the world, my sisters, and the delicious smell of mounds of Cane’s Chicken Fingers filling the air. This was my kind of party! Finally once we had all had our fill of food and good conversation, it was time to get our blades on. Girls spilled out of the party room and lined up by the bucketloads to grab their skates and get going. 80s music was blaring and we just couldn’t wait to get out on the floor and get blading. Colorful neon jackets and pink tutus twirled around the skating floor and our smiling faces screamed the words to “Your Love” by the Outfield at the top of our lungs. The photo opportunities were endless. We raced and we laughed; we even fell on our faces a few times, but who’s counting.

            Looking back on the event, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. A whole night to spend with my sisters having fun, wearing silly outfits, and making memories is priceless. I’m so happy to be a part of a sisterhood that places so much value on enjoying life to its fullest and never ever forgetting to laugh along the way. Zeta, thanks so much for showing me what sisterhood is all about, and, most importantly, that sisters who skate together, stay together. 

ZLAM- Kelsey Applebaum PC '14

0 comments:

Post a Comment