Thursday, March 26, 2015

Spring Break London Style

As the plans for spring break were being put together, in AUGUST let me just say, the majority of my friends were planning on going to Cabo San Lucas. I was hesitant at first to book my trip because it was so dang early to be planning but also because I felt like I wanted to do something a little bit different than I did last year (Gulf Shores). I wasn’t really feeling the beach. My oldest sister, Madeline, had recently just moved to London with her husband around that time so I was DYING to go visit her. With that in the back of my mind I just knew that was where I wanted to spend my spring break. I talked to my mom about it and not long after that me, my mom, and my other sister Jillian had our flights booked to go to London!
            Once we got there seeing my sister was of course amazing, since I had not see her in 7 months, but London itself was breathtaking. My sister, now the experienced Londoner, took us to all of her favorite restaurants and pubs. One of the coolest meals we had was when we went to brunch on the 40th floor of a building and ate an amazing meal while having this beautiful view of London surrounding us. In addition to that we went to the very top of St. James Cathedral, which was about 600 steps  (kill me), the National Portrait Gallery where I saw my fav girl Kate Middleton’s portrait, and Harry Potter Studios. We had a tour of Parliament, hung out in Covent Gardens, had dinner in Chinatown, went to the St. Patrick’s day parade in Trafalgar Square, went to Buckingham Palace, and spent a day in Oxford! Oxford was really cool because my brother-in-law actually went there so when he was showing us around we got to go into a lot of the buildings that the public is not allowed in, but since we had a alumni with us we got to see a lot more of the campus. We spent the day there just walking in and out of shops, cafés, and the campus.

            Looking back on it I am so happy that I decided to go visit my sister for spring break. I got to spend a lot of time with my sister, who I don’t get to see anymore, and I got to spend 5 days in my favorite city. Seeing all the pictures on the beach did make me a little jealous, but nothing could have beaten spending a week with the Brits. I can’t wait to go back!!

ZLAM,

Leah Haugh PC '13

0 comments:

Post a Comment