Thursday, March 7, 2019

National Rituals Week- Friday: LOVE, THE GREATEST OF ALL THINGS


Happy Friday! It is only fitting that we are officially wrapping up with National Rituals Celebration Week, as well as our "Value A Day" Challenge, with the highest value of all- Love, the greatest of all things. Zeta Tau Alpha defines this value as a woman who continually puts others needs before her own, loves others unconditionally, and enjoys making others feel welcome and appreciated. It is so important, especially as our Zeta chapter continues to grow year by year, that we remember to always spread love and make all feel welcome in our Kappa chapter. PC ‘18 Kinsley Cantrell talks about her experience this past year in finding that welcoming, unconditional love in Zeta!
-Hartley Reese PC ‘17, Rituals Chairman :)

Friday: Love the Greatest of All Things


Kinsley Cantrell, PC ‘18:


One of the greatest things ZTA has brought me is love. From meeting my best friends and future bridesmaids to making memories that will last a lifetime, Love is at the core of our chapter.


My sisters are a constant in my life and have made me laugh so hard it hurts, had long heart to heart conversations, and picked me up when I feel down. Emma Orr is just one of many examples of a sister that puts others needs before her own. She is constantly willing to lend a helping hand and always lights up the room. Emma always makes you feel loved when she walks up and joyfully says “Hi Sunshine!” with the biggest smile ever beaming across her face. Our friendship is one that will last a lifetime and I am so grateful that I have Zeta to thank for that.


Thinking back to recruitment week, I remember being so overwhelmed with so many feelings. Feelings of excitement and nerves and hopefulness. On preference night, I walked into the ZTA house and remember feeling so welcome and loved. I immediately knew I was home. I remember opening my bid card and seeing Zeta Tau Alpha printed on the front and running to the house afterwards. When I arrived at the house there was a rush of excitement and so many new faces.


Flash forward to now. Those new faces turned into new friends and the feeling of excitement, community, and love still remain. Zeta has taught me so many things, but the most important one is Love, the greatest of all things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment