Thursday, March 28, 2019

Spring Break 2019


The week before Spring Break, I was away in Kansas City cheering on the Longhorns for the Big 12 basketball tournament. Six other Zeta’s and I had planned on leaving early Saturday morning to make the long trek to Destin. I had been telling them all week there was a possibility I wouldn’t be able to go if the tournament continued through Sunday. I would have been devastated because I heard the amazing stories from the girls in the older PC's about how fun this trip is. However, I ended up getting home late Friday night and my roommates (all zetas) helped me pack quickly to leave early the next morning!
The very, very long drive to Destin was well worth it because of the random jam sessions and as soon as we pulled up to our house we were welcomed with 25 other Zetas waiting on our arrival. It was a little glimpse of what living in the house will be like and it made me even more excited for my next 3 years at The University of Texas. We started the trip running around to each room and planning out what we would do each day.

The week was spent laying out on the beach with everyone, taking LOTS of pictures, and going to our guy friends’ houses that were only minutes away. We also hosted a brunch for some of our favorite UT fraternities and just hung out by the pool with all of our best friends. It was such a relaxing time and bonding experience.

All of these things were fun, but my favorite memory from the trip has to be when we all finished dinner at the house on of the nights, we had a dance party and did a conga line around the kitchen island. With our PC being so big, this week was the perfect opportunity to make it feel smaller and get super close to everyone. Destin 2019 made me love my Zeta Tau Alpha sisters more than I thought was even possible!

Zlam,
Brooke Graves PC '18

0 comments:

Post a Comment