Wednesday, March 6, 2019

National Rituals Week- Wednesday: LOYALTY & COMMITMENT


As we continue to celebrate National Rituals Celebration Week, today we have chosen to spotlight Loyalty & Commitment. Zeta Tau Alpha defines this value as a woman who goes above and beyond what is expected of her, displays devotion to the fraternity and its members, and stands up for others. As Zeta women, we strive to follow these values everyday, not only to be better women, but better sisters and friends to all. PC ‘18 Christine Hunt shares how it was this loyalty and devotion that drew her to the Kappa chapter to begin with, and why it continues to cultivate and define her sisterhood today! Happy Wednesday! :)
-Hartley Reese PC ‘17, Rituals Chairman

Wednesday: Loyalty & Commitment

Christine Hunt PC ‘18:


Loyalty. It seems as though it would be an easy word to describe, yet it is not. When I think of loyalty, a million definitions come to my mind. Commitment. Devotion. Love. Kindness. Fierceness. Coming into college, attending a school with 50,000+ students was terrifying. That number was deafening after leaving a high school with a graduating class of 250 students. I was terrified that I would never find my people, find friends who would truly be there for me, or find girls who would have my back inside and outside any situation of life. Little did I know, I would find so much more the day I went Texas Zeta.


What I found in Zeta was so much more than I expected. I was given sisters who are always there for me, are fully indulged in our sisterhood, and who love me for me. Their devotion to not only the large aspect of Zeta as a whole but the small things such as philanthropy events, chapter wide interests, and even just going to mixers with each other mean the world and more to me. When I stepped foot into this chapter, I knew that the love and devotion I feel in Zeta could not be replicated anywhere else. When I walk around campus with zeta shirts on, see the slogan ZLAM on social media, or ever get the opportunity to project my love for texas zeta (such as now) I can’t even begin to describe the immense proudness, loyalty, and attachment to this chapter that I have.


One of the most true values of zeta is commitment and loyalty. After the first step of bid day, I knew I would choose zeta a million times over and more whenever given a decision of what to stand for. We support each other in all aspects of life, always give each other a shoulder to lean on, and this love is never ending. In any situation, I have always had a sister loyal enough to lean on, someone who has stood up for me, and someone who has devoted their time and love to all of our amazing sisters. Each and every day, I stay committed and loyal to Zeta Tau Alpha and its members because the love I receive from every single member of this chapter can truly not be found anywhere else.

0 comments:

Post a Comment