Monday, October 21, 2013

"I Love My Big!"


Lindsay Schiff with her big, Kate Hanna

From the moment I found Kate Hanna in a closet dressed in a matching banana suit on Big Little reveal, I knew I’d just met my other half.  Her fun and goofy personality completely clicked with mine from the moment we met.  We hadn’t known each other before coming to school but it feels like I’ve known her for much longer than the three months we’ve been here (cheesy I know, but true). From the very beginning she was always looking out for me, making sure I got home safe from West Campus and even helping me come up with costume ideas for themed mixers. So when I learned about Big Appreciation day, I knew I had to come up with something good to thank her.  
The cookie cake before it was devoured by
happy, hungry Bigs and Littles!

Even though her main present wasn’t ready, we still attended Big Appreciation Night at the house where I gave her a cute picture of us in a frame. Many bigs received things like Kendra Scott earrings or Zeta necklaces and bracelets. Throughout the night many girls stood up and made speeches about how much they love their bigs. I’m not the best public speaker so I decided to lay low for that part, but it was really fun hearing the crazy stories people told about fun times with their bigs! After speeches were made and presents were exchanged it was time for the cookie cake! I have never seen a cake that big devoured in such a short time. 
After being spoiled by our bigs with tons of tshirts and other fun Zeta presents it was nice to be able to do something in return. I can honestly say that Kate will be one of my best friends for life and I don’t know what I would do without her here. Kate Hanna I APPRECIATE YOU! 

ZLAM,
Lindsay Schiff PC '13

0 comments:

Post a Comment