Tuesday, October 15, 2013

OU, Round Two!

Francesca and her ZBT date, Alex

My second OU was definitely one for the books. After all the preparation for OU, I was becoming so stressed, and was actually astounded with how much work it took – I had completely forgotten! Once my three (I’m a heavy packer, to say the least) coolers were packed and my night bag was ready, I put on my ZTA gear and cowboy boots, I was off to the bus. My wonderful date helped me carry my things (such a gentleman). We loaded up and started on the 6 hour bus ride. An hour out of Dallas, almost everyone on the ZBT junior bus was asleep. I guess the excitement got the best of us for the first 4 and a half hours. 
Upon getting to Dallas, we got to the hotel, got ready, and headed out for our night on the town. We started at the most stunning house I have ever seen, meeting UT alumni and some of the guys’ parents. After plenty of burgers, we were ready to go out. We went to Kenichi as a group and had a great time. Needless to say, we were absolutely exhausted from the trip, so we left pretty early and went to bed in preparation for the State Fair.
The next day was a wonderful speedy blur. Waking up early (well… for college students), we got all ready in our burnt orange attire and headed to the bus. We surprisingly hit barely any traffic and were there in no time. As much as I didn’t want to go to the game… I’ll admit it, given the season we were having… we got our hands on an extra ticket, so my date and I headed into the stadium. What a terrific surprise: the Longhorns won! My lack of hope in my team completely blindsided me (well-deserved), because WE BEAT OU! My date and I couldn’t believe it! Everyone was in a wonderful mood from the game, so as it ended we headed into the fair to celebrate. After two corny dogs, plenty of fried food, and a ton of Texas sun, I was ready for a nap. We headed back to the hotel and napped for multiple hours. 
Francesca with PC '10 Nicole Fruge
Once it hit about 8 pm, the getting ready process began again. I got in my semi-formal outfit and back to the bus we went.
We had dinner at Coal Vines, a delicious Italian food place. I think I died and went to heaven after 3 pieces of the most phenomenal pizza, and a side dish of pasta. As full as I was, I knew another night out was on the agenda. Dinner was done and we were off into the night. Instead of clinging to our dates, my zistas, Mylena, Alexia, Kelly, and I danced the night away and had a great time! Being with my zetas was the best way to the end the evening.
The next day was full of sleep: in the morning, on the bus, and in my bed back here in Austin. Between the delicious food, the awesome football game, and my wonderful sisters, it’s safe to say OU weekend was yet another success.


Zeta Love and all of Mine,
Francesca Herro PC '12

0 comments:

Post a Comment