Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Zeta PC '13 Initiation Brunch


Renee and her mom at the
PC '13 Initiation Brunch
Since chapter meetings started, we were informed about all the fun events leading up to initiation.  The dates were given out, and we learned of the initiation brunch.  I was really excited when I heard that the food was really good and that the brunch would give us a chance to show people in our families our lives as new actives in Zeta.  

The only negative was that I am from out of state.  I ran the date by my parents, who I really wanted to come see what an incredible sorority I was in, and they explained that they were unable to come.  Although I was still looking forward to it, I really wished my mom could be there.

With that, I lucked out when my mom called me the day before the brunch and told me that she had taken a spontaneous trip to Texas!  She was going to be there for the Initiation Brunch!  It was so exciting being able to share the stories of my sisters with my mom while at the brunch.  My moms got to hear some of my closest friends speak, and learned about all the things we have been doing since school started.  I was so happy that she was finally able to meet my big, Alexia, as well as many other girls in Zeta.  But, I have to say… the hands down best part of the initiation brunch was the bacon.  It was amazing.  I didn’t know a couple of the girls at my table, and the food being as good as it was actually brought us closer discussing how amazing it was! 

Renee and her big Alexia, with
Kelly and her little Jackie
When the time came for awards, all the girls were widely attentive waiting to hear who got what.  I was so happy for my friends, and honestly thought that each girl that received an award completely fit the qualifications.  Since my mom was not in Greek life when she was in college, I was happy she was able to experience such an event with me.  My big and best friend’s big took my mom around the house showing her every room, study areas, and hang-out spots.  She was in complete awe.  Although the initiation brunch was the day following initiation night (when most of us spent the night celebrating), it was an amazing experience worth waking up early for! I hope that next year I am able to attend for my future little… not only for the bacon, but also to grow closer with my sisters.  

ZLAM!
Renee Mango, PC '13

Renee and her mom after the brunch!



0 comments:

Post a Comment