Tuesday, October 1, 2013

It Was A Big Deal: Big/Little Reveal

PC '12 Jenna Nelson and her new little,
PC '13 Kacey Adams!

I anxiously awaited to be found by my new little sister as I stood in the shower of the Zeta house. I had prepared our matching outfits to be a ZTA robe and slippers along with a fun shower cap. We looked absolutely ridiculous but adorable at the same time.  I hoped my little would get the hint as to where I was hiding by the note I left for her that I was going to “shower” her with love. The moment Kacey found me, I was overwhelmed with joy! I couldn’t believe I finally had a little to call my own!

The day of the reveal, all of the sophomore pledge class showed up earlier than the younger girls to set up matching costumes and a basket full of gifts we had gotten for our new littles. Rachel and Janie, our Big/Lil chairs did an amazing job of preparing us for the big day by giving us a detailed schedule and several gifts to give to our littles! The house was packed with a great variety of costumes from my robe and slippers to pirates, bumble bees and super heroes.

Jenna and Kacey along with our
Big/Little Chair Rachel Miller and her little,
Bailey Galiano!
Once our littles discovered us in our hiding places throughout the house, it was time for LOTS of pictures! Soon after, we were able to present them with their gifts, and then the duck boat arrived at the house to pick us up. This was a surprise for the babies as they had no idea and was SO much fun! We danced and quacked around Austin in our goofy costumes, all while getting to know each other. It was a great time to bond with our new sisters and get to know everyone's Zeta family! However, Reveal was just the beginning of the amazing memories we are about to share with our new littles, and it was a great success!

ZLAM,

Jenna Nelson
PC ’12


0 comments:

Post a Comment