Sunday, October 27, 2013

Zeta Spurs Sweethearts!



The newest Zeta Spurs Sweethearts, PC'12 Francesca Herro, Sophie Teffeteller, and Madeleine Vadeboncoeur
(From Left to Right)
It was truly an honor to be selected as a Silver Spur’s Sweetheart this past month! Silver Spurs have been working to better UT since 1937 with over 2, 500 members who have contributed their leadership skills over their years. The Silver Spurs are an elite group of men who are dedicated to caring for the University of Texas’ mascot, Bevo, and to philanthropic endeavors like the Neighborhood Longhorns Program. I was humbled and honored to be selected to represent Zeta Tau Alpha in such an exceptional student organization.  It is been nothing but fun so far, and I have already had to opportunity to get to know some amazing women and gentlemen. I am excited about the opportunities and experiences that will come from Silver Spurs in the future! 

ZL, 
Sophie Teffeteller PC '12

Madeleine and Sophie after
being announced Spurs Sweethearts
It was just a normal Monday at chapter, when suddenly three rowels (the newest Spurs class) entered the Zeta house and announced the new Silver Spurs Sweethearts. I couldn’t have been happier when my name was announced, along with two of my great friends and sisters, Sophie Teffeteller and Francesco Herro. Ever since their founding in 1937, The Silver Spurs organization has dealt with the handling of our beloved mascot Bevo and has allowed campus leaders the opportunity to benefit The University of Texas through philanthropic and social endeavors. I was thrilled to follow in the footsteps of my grandbig, Nicole Fruge, and to represent Zeta. With our roses in hand (given to us by the rowels), we headed to El Mercado for pictures, socializing, and fun. My favorite part was getting to wear the boys' Spurs cowboy hats, which made us all feel quite official. I had such a great time meeting all of the older Spurs and Sweethearts, and everyone that I met was welcoming and awesome! It was definitely a night I will remember, as I was inducted into an organization rich with tradition and leadership. Being a part of an organization full of such dedicated leaders throughout the UT campus has been such a great experience so far, and it’s such an honor to have been chosen. I can’t wait for all the fun experiences that are in store for the year!

ZL,
Madeleine Vadeboncoeur PC '12

0 comments:

Post a Comment